Friday, September 6, 2013

Scriptural Reflection: Eephesians 2:10

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."  When I read this verse, I hear the following: God is perfect and all that He does is perfect, and He DOES NOT make mistakes: that God made me.  Through Christ Jesus, I have been made anew, I have been born again, JUST SO THAT I CAN do good works; works that were, like me, prepared by God.  This verse is not talking about some vague service project that I might come across at some point in my life, it is talking about my day-to-day life, the mundane tasks that are always around me. The life that I am living now, This is God's plan for my life, this is my vocation (vocation: a work for which I am specifically trained, called, or qualified).  Am I accepting of this or do I fight it? Am I doing my best or am I just doing "enough"? I need to do This work, God's work, to the best of my ability. He has created me and renewed me so that I can (have the ability to) fulfill the plans that He made for me. Jeremiah 29:11 states, "'For I know the plans that I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give you hope and a future.'"  My work, planned by God, can be sanctified and made Holy through Him. I must conform my will to His and focus upon the work that He has given me to do.  Always remember, "If God gives you the burden, God will give you the strength." (The Forge, Josemaria Escriva, 325)

"Ask yourself many times during the day: Am I doing at this moment what I ought to be doing?" (The Way, Josemaria Escriva, 772)

"It only takes a second. Before starting anything ask yourself: What does God want of me in this? Then, with divine grace, do it!" (ibid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment