Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's a Baby, Not a Choice: Vote Romney

I have to leave for a dentist appointment in twenty minutes, but this is something that I feel so passionately about, that I decided to sit and write this before I left.  On November 1st Patrick had the day off from work, so I took the opportunity to go and vote (without the children). I voted for Romney.  I did not do this just because I have always called myself a Republican, I voted for Romney because I am Pro-Life.  I believe that this issue is the most important issue in any presidential election.  I get so annoyed when I hear people lamenting, especially Christians, that they aren't sure who to vote for because they really just don't like Romney.  No, he was not my number one choice, but I will vote for him because I will NEVER vote for a man who thinks that abortion is okay.  Science has shown that those little beings are human, abortion is the Murder of a Human Being.  Why then, as Christians who believe in the ten commandments, "Thou Shalt Not Murder" do we think that it is acceptable to murder people?  "Well, it is the choice of the mother."  Yes, I believe in women's right to choose.  Women have the right to choose Not to have sex in the first place.  But the moment that a woman's choice leads to the creation of life within her body, she loses the right to choose because she is no longer choosing for herself but rather for someone else.  I get so angered when I see things like, Christian Women for Obama.  Really?  How? John Paul II once said "The promotion of the culture of life should be the highest priority in our societies...If the right to life is not defended decisively as a condition for all other rights of the person, all other references to human rights remain deceitful and illusory."  Yes, I voted for Romney, I voted for life.

"Give us the grace - When the sacredness of life before birth is attacked, to stand up and proclaim that no one ever has the authority to destroy unborn life." ~ John Paul the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment