Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Why I Started This

I recently gave a talk at high school career day on the "career choice" of being a homemaker.  When I was first asked to give this talk I was very excited. I know that the world judges homemakers and that the modern view of stay-at-home moms is warped and twisted.  I was, therefore, more than happy to go and "set the record straight" with these high schoolers. While it did not really turn out like this, it was a very good experience for me as it made me think a lot more about the importance of being a homemaker.
     As I prepared my talk I googled "importance of homemaking" and I search out what others had to say about the significance of the homemaker. I found one blog entry that said, basically, "it glorifies God, so it is important." While I fully agree with this sentiment, it is not the Only reason, so I searched some more, but to no avail.
      Therefore, after much thought, I decided that I wanted to defend, promote, and explain the importance of homemaking, so here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment